The "Cobra King"

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
I've recently come across information about a man named Rudy Komarek--the self-proclaimed "Cobra King".

He apparantly makes his sickening living from the illegal traffic of venomous snakes in our immediate area--timber rattlesnakes specifically. He goes out--catches them, decimates the local population and sells them all for $100 a piece.

He's been caught once and was served a $2500 fine and 4 month prison sentence--now long since passed and is out doing what he's always done. This man has made his life out of this and it has to stop.

How do i know?? HE HAS A WEBSITE!
http://www.cobraking.net/
He sells snakes, brags about the snakes he's caught, and also sells maps to local hibernacula and offers personal guided tours to specific hibernacula. He operates in NJ, PA, and some of new england, but primarily in NY.

Thus far I've sent messages to NJ DEP and NY DEC, but who knows whether they even have power to act. I guarantee if I came across him while he was emptying out a den at the WaterGap, he'd have alot more to worry about than envenomation.

Anyone with more information or a better way to get this bastard out of the woods and back in prison, please help me out.

This bitch is going DOWN.

-Bob

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I do not see South Jersey mentioned. In any event, I don't understand why someone would clean out a den, or for that matter take a snake out of the woods. That is the same as stealing a dog in my mind. You can't legally shoot them, so what he is doing is wrong.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Batona said:
You have to admire the personal ad he has on his site. Unbelievable!

That photo will interest females I am sure.....

And I guess he can't afford a phone so he has them call his friend Bob.

Cool find!

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I think I just saw the most disturbing dude on the net.
Those photos of the women are really spooky. Some of those pictures look like they are from the late 50's or in the 60's and have an eery look.
Kind of like when you watch the news and they show you a photo of the last time someone was seen alive.
Yikes.