The Land of Giants

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
In the near future I will be taking my full grown 16 yr old daughter to the Land of Giants. She is very small at 4'11". Any guess where we will be on daddy/daughter date? lol :)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
A cedar swamp with some big ones? I actually named a small grove on the Webb's Mill Branch that is close to Bamber the Land of Giants.
:cool:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I say a giant is not a giant and he is referring to the fact that even the pygmy pines are giants to a 4' 11" person. That is why he mentions "Full Grown."

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
And the Grand Prize of a "pat on the back" goes to Teegate. Honorable mention to Gerania. I showed her pics when I came back. She gets a little self conscious about being vertically challenged(of course dad's jokes dont help...haha). She couldnt believe such a place existed and demanded I take her at once. Of course it was 7pm on a school night and it wouldn't have the same effect in the dark anyway, so we set a date. Her exact words were "So everyone there is like a giant". And I said "yes, the land of giants". Will let you all know how much she loved it when we get back. Because I know she will:cool:

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
Took my daughter there. She loved it and was making daddy smile all day with the happy look in her eyes. She was with me when I took the snow pics. She even hit me with a couple of snow balls. Great place for kids. She even got a little lesson when I explained to her why pygmy pines grow so small. She said it was very interesting and awesome to have something like this so close to us. Very cool day. Would recommend anyone taking their child. Have fun.