The Location Of Harris Station

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Teegate, this short section of map of the JCRR adds to your findings. It also indicates that some roads were barricaded.

View attachment 3004

I have yet to find a JCRR southern station schedule or employee time table that would help confirm what the station was used for.

Gibby, would it be possible yo get a better scan of this map?

Ed

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
I love it, thats a very cool find. The information shared here says that a freight and a passenger station were located in that area and that the freight station wasn't razed until in 1916. Since the map is from 1913, shouldnt there be 2 structures noted? Or perhaps the freight station wasn't considered to be of concern to the contents of the map. I assume the station noted on the map as "Harris Station" would most likely be the passenger station, and perhaps the freight station was down the line enough (either direction) to not be shown? If that's the case, it cool to know there may be something else to find.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am sure that only the area of the map was their concern. I did not get a copy of the complete map but will the next time I can.

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Thanks for the info Guy! I looked for this station a couple of years ago, and couldn't really find any positive indications of where it could have been. Now I know why... I was still 100 or so too far North!