The new, improved

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Please explain why hard hats are necessary there? I see guys out in very open situations standing holding signs along roads and such with hard hats on.Must be some safety guy sitting in a climate controlled office some where whose job is to make regulations to make the rest of us sweaty and miserable to show someone higher up that they are doing something.We have been suffering under the same sort of person where I work for the last several years.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I'm sure the prefab steel bridge was the cheapest way to go but the trestle lost the nostalgia appeal. Would have been nice if it could have been rebuilt with wood.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'm sure the prefab steel bridge was the cheapest way to go but the trestle lost the nostalgia appeal. Would have been nice if it could have been rebuilt with wood.

These days people wantonly destroy wooden bridges. The human race cannot be trusted with them. Last year the one in Bamber was set afire. Did you notice the vandalism has already begun on that construction site?

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
What Bob said is sadly true. And this is a known and very heavily used party spot, a mere walking distance from large residential areas of Berkeley and Lacey Twps. Projects like these always involve some degree of compromise and the rail trail project as a whole was intended to be less about its historic preservation than using an existing right-of-way for recreation, with nods to its history wherever possible. To its credit, I've hiked rail trails in several regions and not all of them had the interpretive panels documenting their history that this one has scattered along its length.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
These days people wantonly destroy wooden bridges. The human race cannot be trusted with them. Last year the one in Bamber was set afire. Did you notice the vandalism has already begun on that construction site?
Sadly you are correct.

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
The trestle has always been a beautiful site unfortunately full of garbage and graffiti left by people who dont care. Lacey has passed a no trespassing ordinance so you cant legally go back there. I assume that will be changed when the rail trail is officially opened? I used to take my dog there to go swimming since you cant bring dogs to the lakes or the power lines stream without being harassed anymore. I was warned to leave by police on a few occasions.