The Orange Army is In Town

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Tomorrow is the opener of the six day firearm season for deer and for a lot of South Jersey, that means the pines gun clubs will be out in force.
I full appreciate the club hunting tradition in southern NJ but it is not for me. I may go out at the end of the week down here after the sweepers are through.
I am really looking forward to muzzleloader which opens again next Monday.
Stay safe everyone.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I’ve spent more time chasing ducks than deer in the last decade but when I did deer hunt, I stuck to muzzleloading. I normally challenge the assertion that it is not safe to be in the woods during hunting season, but I come closer to giving in to the notion during this week. There will be far less “hunters” and more “shooters” out during the six day firearm season than during other hunting seasons. The few days I have off this week will likely find me somewhere on Great Bay, hiding from the orange army under some salt hay and mud face paint.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I’ve spent more time chasing ducks than deer in the last decade but when I did deer hunt, I stuck to muzzleloading. I normally challenge the assertion that it is not safe to be in the woods during hunting season, but I come closer to giving in to the notion during this week. There will be far less “hunters” and more “shooters” out during the six day firearm season than during other hunting seasons. The few days I have off this week will likely find me somewhere on Great Bay, hiding from the orange army under some salt hay and mud face paint.

Good for you German.
We are having a great waterfowl season this year with my son's dog Hank.
I took a few days in Pa. last week and dropped a nice 7 pointer with my 209x50 Encore. I don't leave home without it.
Estimated dressed weight, using Pa. Game Commission's chart based on chest size, is 144 lbs.
Eatin' good in the neighborhood this winter.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Scott,
Thanks to your patient advice I have a nice Pinot Noir to go with that winter fare! I was pleased with the results and I didn't die from taste-testing along the way. Tell Dottie I know why she does this!
Happy hunting this season.

turtle

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Scott,
Thanks to your patient advice I have a nice Pinot Noir to go with that winter fare! I was pleased with the results and I didn't die from taste-testing along the way. Tell Dottie I know why she does this!
Happy hunting this season.

turtle

All of ours are coming into their prime now.
I took 2 galllons to Pa. last week and returned with two empty jugs.
Glad you are enjoying it.
Scott

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I wouldn't want to be in a stand today.
Sunday morning there were 4 travler trailers at the Batona camp, one was over 30 feet. There was lots of wood and large propane bottles around.