The Orphan Works Art Bill Re-introduced

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
ATTENTION PHOTOGRAPHERS!

The Orphan Works bill is essentially a plan to require that art be registered in a database for your rights as an artist to be recognized.

IF YOUR AN ARTIST; PAINT, WRITE SONGS, MAKE VIDEOS, PHOTOGRAPH, DESIGN BUILDINGS, GLUE FAKE SQUIRRELS TO DRIFTWOOD, DOODLE OR EVEN WRITE CODE YOU WILL NO LONGER OWN THE RIGHTS TO YOUR WORK UNLESS YOU PAY A FEE. YOUR NAME AND A COPYRIGHT SYMBOL WILL MEAN NOTHING.

Read more here; Corporate Theft: The Orphan Works Art Bill Re-introduced or google "orphaned arts bill', lots of lucid writing on the subject. More corporate BS. :jeffd:

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
I forgot to mention the petition, thanks. I also called my new Rep., Congressman John Adler. His office had no idea about this because they are all new staffers. I expect a call back though.

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
Signed it to , A good cause for once " The Jersey Devil is real"
(Fred Brown)1968<< this to I believe ! Had some very strange things happen out there In Lower forge in the middle of the night and Indian Mills at two AM:jd:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Whoa, hold your horses folks. That bill was defeated last December due to opposition from many organizations. There is a very real and practical need for a bill of this nature, but with ammendments that offer protection. Before you sign a petition against a non-existent problem, you might want to consider waiting until any new bill is introduced so you can read it and understand it before you oppose it.

You might want to keep an eye on the forum link below, run by photographers for photographers. If a new or amended bill is introduced, it will surely be posted there.

http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=38