The Risley Branch, a PBX Hike

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
No pbx'r gets their face slapped. The first thing they learn is that if you are hit in the face by the man in front of you, it's your fault.
I seriously hesitated on saying this but since it was meant to be all in fun I did. It's the same as holding the door if someone is immediately behind, common courtesy. I know what Bob means "it's your fault", following too close but the person ahead should be aware of his surroundings.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I seriously hesitated on saying this but since it was meant to be all in fun I did. It's the same as holding the door if someone is immediately behind, common courtesy. I know what Bob means "it's your fault", following too close but the person ahead should be aware of his surroundings.
I took it in fun!

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I know I'm in the minority since I don't use a stick on the PBX hikes (and there have been times I wish I had one), but when going through briars I prefer being unencumbered carrying one. I'd probably end up losing it anyway.
My thoughts exactly! Sticks are a Pain in the baick brush but they are very handy at crik crossing across logs, I"ve been thinking about getting one though since I"m down to one eye now I have bad depth perception when looking down and am afraid if taking a fall in a hole,a stick might be a help there but they do suck in thick brush and I also am likely to lose it unless painted some garish color

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The first thing I was told on my first PBX hike was, It is your responsibility to not get hit by brush being released by the person in front of you.

It was good advice.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I think I had been bushwacking long enough pre PBX that I already knew that.I do realize though people tend to bunch up at thick stuff since people natyrally come to a halt as they prepare to step into the Green Haze so I try to watch my back and hold branches for those behind me but I have occasionally hammered a tailgater but never intentionally