The state is not paying Pinelands municipalities all the money due to them

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
"ESTELL MANOR — Approximately 1,735 people have chosen to live a more small-town, rural existence in this slice of the Pinelands in southern Atlantic County."

I am one of them. :) This has been an issue for awhile down here, and I don't like paying taxes any more than the next guy. But when I moved here from Medford in 2006, my taxes dropped by over 50%. So I am not going to get too worried about it yet.

Reactions: RednekF350

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
"ESTELL MANOR — Approximately 1,735 people have chosen to live a more small-town, rural existence in this slice of the Pinelands in southern Atlantic County."

I am one of them. :) This has been an issue for awhile down here, and I don't like paying taxes any more than the next guy. But when I moved here from Medford in 2006, my taxes dropped by over 50%. So I am not going to get too worried about it yet.
Waterford Township's land area is 59% Wharton State Forest, according to our Master Plan and 70.7% undeveloped. That extra 12%+/- is made up of Township open space and other private lands. I hope that we are getting something for that.