The Woods Of Atsion Meadow; a PBX Hike.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The one on Muskee headwater is 10 ft 8 at breast height and the one on Nixon Branch was recently measured at bigger then that one but the person I asked had forgot the measurement and I always forget a tape when I"m there.I"ll have to go back to measure it again but it's supposedly bigger then 10 ft 8

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
The measurement is referred to as "dbh" or "diameter at breast height". In the US 4 1/2 feet was usually the figure specified although a close metric measurement was used overseas.

Reactions: manumuskin

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Thanks, was just curious and thought there must be a uniform height. Out of curiosity I just measured my breast height in stockings at 4'5'' so with work or hiking boots another 1" easily would put me at the 4'6". I suppose the person that came up with this would stand at about 6' tall.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Looks like a great outing, very sorry I couldn't make it this time.

We did collect 1,000 food items for the food pantry, so the day was not wasted, even if it would have been more beautiful to walk in the woods that trek up and down suburban streets picking up bags of canned goods :)

The scouts dropped off the plastic bag at our house a few weeks back and my wife filled it in minutes. A little while later another scout came with another bag because he did not see the first one my wife had filled. My wife jokingly asked him to take the filled bag and he wanted no parts of that :)

Reactions: MikeBickerson

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica has been sick with a cold since the day after the hike. Got worse Friday but luckily has off from work until Tuesday. No better this morning. Most of the time she has been on the couch. She is allergic to Acetaminophen which causes her heart to race so she is limited to what she can take.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This is a commercial but it looks like our very own Woodjn is in it. :D