Then & Now Photos

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I did 3 or 4 days a week this summer doing the Navy Base Plant survey. My perception of where everything is was greatly enhanced by looking at the same screen orientation of where all the roads and buildings were. And, because I always knew about where I was at the moment it immediately oriented me. Hard to explain to you more brainy headed guys. I'm just not as technically smart as you, but I can live with that. :p

1640210000201.png

• Haha
Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If I'm tracking, I don't pay attention to north, I pay attention to the waypoint arrow, and rotate accordingly. I can't see anyone using it any other way. :cool:
If you are using the map there isn't an arrow Bob. Just track up!!!! :D

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
I've always used north up on my GPS. If I don't do it like that i become disoriented, which i usually am anyway

I've used gps since the times when hardly anyone knew what it was. I think my first unit was Garmin model 2. Then Garmin gave me a free upgrade to the 2+, which was the first to have a very rudimentary map - just showed where some cities were as i recall. I still use 18 year old Garmin 276c, at least i did up until recently. It seems to be mostly broken now. Before that it was the 176.

I thought I'd mention all that since nobody asked but i know that everybody was dying to know what gps's ive had.

:)

Reactions: Boyd