Then & Now Photos

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
I like the one of Blacks Bridge/Eureka, in high school we camped there every weekend under an old apple tree. I knew someone who said his father was one of the original members. Supposedly he had old pictures of model Ts parked out there and he said he also had one with a small plane that landed out there too. I cant see but your newest picture looks like the wood bridge that I remember from the 80s, I am not sure when they installed the metal bridge

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
Teegate, thanks for posting those. That's really amazing to see how much the area around Hampton's has changed, when I saw the pictures I had to reread the caption to make sure that's really the same place. Approximately what year was the steel truss bridge installed at Quaker Bridge?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Teegate, thanks for posting those. That's really amazing to see how much the area around Hampton's has changed, when I saw the pictures I had to reread the caption to make sure that's really the same place. Approximately what year was the steel truss bridge installed at Quaker Bridge?

I do not know the year the still bridge was installed. I will search around and try to find out. I do know that the wooden bridge at Hampton by the ruins was replaced when Jessica was about 2 years old. So that would be 1986 or so. I took her there to swim and play in the river and the bridge was out and the construction equipment was there. I did not have a camera.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
No Joe, none of those. The satellite is in Wrightstown. I saw Bruce there early in his career (1973?). The country lakes pub was not existing back then. This is the building now.

View attachment 10909
Speake asy
No Joe, none of those. The satellite is in Wrightstown. I saw Bruce there early in his career (1973?). The country lakes pub was not existing back then. This is the building now.

View attachment 10909
Speakeasy Lounge, pool table upstairs.

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I remember driving over the wooden bridge at HF. Not only was it rickety but it was leaning precariously. The beach on the Skit there was a great wading, picnic spot until it washed out.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The Big Clinker at Atsion.

Clinker_Slag.jpg

A slightly more accurate view of the Modern Concrete Contrivance location on the Skit branch in Hampton. 1975 and 2006.

Hampton1975_2006.jpg

Reverse view showing how much has been taken over the years. What is everyone's is really mine!

Hampton1976_2007.jpg

Washout at Hampton on the Skit branch. 5/79 and more recent.

Hampton5_79.jpg

Harris Station looking towards Apple Pie Hill.

Harris_Station_1978_2008.jpg

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Yes, that's one of the names. Thanks. Tom, do you remember the other names for that bar, and was it the Speakeasy when I haunted it in the late 1970's?
I'm pretty sure it was Speakeasy when you were going there. Afterwards it was called LaShiek and then Fat Rocks.

Reactions: bobpbx

PINEY WARDEN

Explorer
Jan 13, 2012
Fantastic Collection of photos Guy! I love the Harris Station Photos. How that woods has changed from then till now! Great share, Thank You! :D:dance:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I spent quite a bit of time at that intersection. I fell to sleep there once on the ground and woke up to motorcycles going in circles around me. My friends had walked down the tracks. I have photos of me trying to fix the sign that was there. If I get time I will post them tomorrow. I believe I have posted them sometime in the past.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here is another one I made this weekend. I was going by memory so it is not exact. In any event it is an interesting view. That was 40 years ago when my friend KC took that photo. I was 21 years old. The next time I am there I will take the photo and try to get a more accurate shot.

1978_9%3A1%3A2018Carranza%20Memorial.jpg