There's litter, there's dumping, and then there's this...

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
Really?
why_is_this_here.jpg

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
Looks like it's in good condition, doesn't it? Kind of want to climb on and make vroom-vroom noises... State Park Service guy told me it has no engine, though - he checked. I wouldn't know where to look.

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
That wouldn't be the first PWC I have seen in the woods. If it was in Lacey it would just be a matter of time before someone hooks it up to a truck and tows a bunch of drunken friends down some trails. Couldn't the park police run the registration to find at least who the last registered owner was?

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
That wouldn't be the first PWC I have seen in the woods. If it was in Lacey it would just be a matter of time before someone hooks it up to a truck and tows a bunch of drunken friends down some trails. Couldn't the park police run the registration to find at least who the last registered owner was?

That is what they did with the boat that was off of Jackson Rd. ran the reg to the last registered owner that is. I was out Sunday and saw one of those self standing rubber pools dumped on Tuckerton Rd. I had my jeep so I couldn't pick it up, but did call it in

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
Hey we found a PWC years ago off of Washington Turnpike and it had been there for years. Not sure why people think this is a suitable alternative than using the proper channels.

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
But you said the state park guy told you it has no engine. So, don't they already know about it? It's their job to follow up if they already know about it.
State Park Service knows about. I'm not sure if they reported it to State Park Police or not. Also it's possible SPS removed it already, and it should be left in place to report to SPP.

I spoke to someone else today, not connected to the state, and she was 100% sure this was stolen, engine removed and sold for parts or whole, the rest dumped.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I spoke to someone else today, not connected to the state, and she was 100% sure this was stolen, engine removed and sold for parts or whole, the rest dumped.

She speaks as if she witnessed a crime. Usually, that is the only way one can be 100% sure.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
There's litter, there's dumping, and then there's this...

...and then there's this!

trailer_trash.jpg

This is what's left a a 40 foot mobile home that was "dumped" right in the powerline ROW at Hunters Mill Road here

https://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.31234792149599&lng=-74.87417491484223&z=20&type=hybrid&gpx=

First saw this in June when it was in one piece and thought it was put there by the power company, since they are working on powerlines around here this summer. But looking closer, it was in bad shape with plastic taped over holes, etc. Apparently somebody drove down Hunters Mill, backed up the trailer here, unhitched it and disappeared.

Passed by here again in July and it was still there in one piece. Today it's all busted up. First I thought vandals, but that took a lot of work to smash up. So maybe somebody is hauling it away piece by piece? There was a pretty big piece about 1/4 mile down the road, maybe it fell off a truck?

junk.jpg

Given the location, multiple agencies have surely been aware of this all summer, not to mention the power company.

Reactions: Menantico