Tick Bite Kills

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Well I'm a believer.... 15 minutes ago I walked no more than 20 feet across my recently mowed yard and came back inside (without using any kind of repellent). Just now I found a deer tick crawling up my leg! Compare that to 5 hours out in the woods with no ticks yesterday.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I just buy extra 'Frontline' product when I get it for Buddy. I have someone put a spot between my shoulder blades. I lie on my stomach and let it soak in for about a half hour. Its good for about 3 months. Only drawback is that I feel really jittery and stutter for the first 2 weeks.

bobpbx said:
I just buy extra 'Frontline' product when I get it for Buddy. I have someone put a spot between my shoulder blades. I lie on my stomach and let it soak in for about a half hour. Its good for about 3 months. Only drawback is that I feel really jittery and stutter for the first 2 weeks.

You don't start licking your............................never mind.

Steve

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
The permathrin info sounds very convincing. I used it before. two years ago and a year and a half ago. In both instances I was tick free or almost tick free and in both cases I was in heavily infested areas. It looks like I wasted my money on the 100% deet stuff. I guess I'll stick with permathrin. I could swear that deet used to be more effective than it has been in recent years. I guess there are just more ticks now.

Jeff