Tick Bite

NJSnakeMan

Explorer
Jun 3, 2004
Atlantic County
Okay we are all fimiliar here with tick bites. I've gotten them a dozen of times. But just a couple days ago when i came back home from hiking i was taking a shower and noticed a tick biting at my stomach. When i got out his head was already in me so i put some green oil on and he stoped biting me and took his head out herself. She was a lonestar tick, a secondary carrier of lymes diesease. But a few days later the bite is red and about the size of a quater, it is begining to get bubbly feeling and is very hard around the bite. I wanted to know if anybody has gotten a tick bite like this? And if anybody knows if this is regular for lonestar tick symptons or have i contracted a diesease?

-brandon

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
better safe than sorry, get it looked at.

during the year i come home from each hike during tick season and remove 4 or 5 ticks from my body befor they set in, every once and a while one will dig in, after i remove them i watch the area carefuly for days and luckly nothing strange nas ever appeared.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I would see a doctor as the others have advised.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Tick bites are some of the nastiest, itchiest insect bites I can think of. They get all red and itch for weeks, then leave a scar that doesn't go away for a long time.

I hate ticks. More power to you guys, I just stick to the roads this time of year... :)

strom

Scout
Apr 24, 2004
barnegat. nj
Tick Prevention

Cant Believe The Number Of City Slickers Who Go Hiking In The Pines With Shorts,sandals,and Tank Tops.............always Wear Long Sleeves,long Pants,high Boots,and Tuck The Pants Into The Socks........and Save Some Money By Buying Dog Or Cat Tick Powder At The Dollar Stores....it Works...........sure,once In A While A Cat Or Dog Will Look At Me Sort Of Friendly Like,but The Ticks Dont Like It...........do Take The Hot Shower When You Get Home Though......put Cooking Oil On The Tick And Get It Off With TWEEZERS After The Oil Has Worked.........yeah,they Do Leave A Nasty Scar And Itch For Days.............hike On,strom