"Ticked Off"

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is an interesting product.

Odd....... Safari will not display the photo's. I had to go to Firefox.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Its amazing what technology will do. I picked up a teeny-tiny microphone last nite in order to hear what chiggers say when they are on. I tried it out in field. I was only out 3 minutes when I noticed the telltale splotch of brown on the top of my sneaker. By the time I got the microphone down by my shoe, they had started to spread. This is what I heard:

"We're on! Every chig for himself!

"Yee-Haw! Dinner tonite!"

"Spread out, there's plenty of skin here. Its a white guy too!

"You don't have to tell Leonard, he's already at the ankle!

"Damn, he always get's the best spot!"

"Hey!, where's Joey!, anyone see Joey!"

"Aww man, he still on the grass!"

"Bye Joey, good luck"!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All I heard was them choking. Maybe it was Joey. Good riddance!

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That's interesting, I don't have any problems under Safari 2.0.4 on my G5. It must have something to do with the Intel version.

Well, it is now displaying. I don't know what the problem was.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I have not had one tick on me this summer and have seen very few, even on the dog. Just some on the pants here and there. Kids good too.
Chiggers made up for it though.

G.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have not had one tick on me this summer and have seen very few, even on the dog. Just some on the pants here and there. Kids good too.
Chiggers made up for it though.

G.

Wow! I actually passed on the woods for quite a few weeks this summer because I had hundreds of ticks on me each time I went out. It just seemed to be so much of a pain with them in my car, in the house, and even finding them at work after being there for hours on Monday's. My wife and one daughter would not get in my car they were so bad.

The last two weekends I have crashed through dense woods where I could not even see my feet, and not one tick. They just seem to have vanished.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
The ticks were terrible here too, but they're long gone. Now somebody needs to tell the chiggers it's time to take their winter's rest....