Tool?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Found during the cleanup. A homemade thing-a-ma jig. Do any of you know what it's for?

1682559698597.png

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
I'll keep looking, but I don't see a socket, unless it's one of those small bulbs for an old flashlight. Did you take the photo or saw the tool? And I don't think it is a rug beater,

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I was also thinking a mop of some kind. Looks kind of home-made, but might have been mass-produced by hand. And I don't think that's a bulb socket although it looks kind of like one. I just think it's a socket designed to fit a standard pole. That would be somewhat smaller than the standard medium screw lamp base. Appears to be made of copper and soldered together... they don't make 'em like that anymore. :D

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I was also thinking a mop of some kind. Looks kind of home-made, but might have been mass-produced by hand. And I don't think that's a bulb socket although it looks kind of like one. I just think it's a socket designed to fit a standard pole. That would be somewhat smaller than the standard medium screw lamp base. Appears to be made of copper and soldered together... they don't make 'em like that anymore. :D
This is exactly what I was thinking. I have seen that exact socket on a bunch of poles in my grandmothers shed years ago. They were various tools such as brooms and mops.

Reactions: Boyd