Tree frog tadpoles

Rob Comber

Jun 15, 2017
Atco
Hi - This is my first time posting. I haven't yet opened my pool because I have many tree frog tadpoles living in the water on the cover. I noticed this when I was going to drain the water and remove the cover, but I wasn't sure what I should do with the tadpoles. Would it be best to take them to a nearby lake? Really trying to save the little guys....any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Your sensitivity is commendable. A quick trip in a tank of cool water to a nearby pond would probably save a percentage of the little guys. Not much predation occurring on top of the liner but there will be some mortality in a pond.

My neighbors recently opened their pool and the stagnant water on the flooded cover held what sounded like a half million very vocal northern tree frogs.
They just threw a sump pump onto the cover and pumped the water onto the ground.

And now, a very sad silence.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I just noticed this post. It might be late but if you didn't move them yet. I live in Atco as well. There's a retention pond behind my house tree frogs thrive in. It dries up on occasion so there's no fish to eat the tadpoles. PM me and I can give you my address if you haven't moved them already.

Reactions: johnnyb and Teegate

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
IMG_6392.JPG
Found last weekend in a puddle. So cute!

Reactions: John and Teegate