Trout Season Early Opener 4-1-20 !

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Trout fishing will open today April 1, 2020 for catch and release !
I saw a post on the NJ Conservation Officer's FB page early this morning and I really thought it was an April Fools prank. As it turns out, it is for real. Bait sources may be under a rock in your backyard for now.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Lots of mixed messages from government. Feds have closed Yellowstone NP at the gates along with several others and some remain open, including NRA's. I'll have to check out the Toms this afternoon. The TCA is open all year. :D

3112515-flyfisher2.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: old jersey girl

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I've been killing time at my vise recently, even though I most likely already have enough flies to last until I either die or start causing a silver alert while driving to my streams.

• Haha
Reactions: Boyd

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I've been killing time at my vise recently, even though I most likely already have enough flies to last until I either die or start causing a silver alert while driving to my streams.

You might be interested in this. The Jersey Shore TU chapter has started to put their fly tying classes online on Instagram.

Join us from the comfort of your own home! Starting this Tuesday March 31 at 6:30pm EST I will be hosting LIVE fly tying and Q&A with special guests here on Instagram @jerseyshoretu weekly! Grab your Vise and your Device and tie along with our guests, ask questions and let’s all learn something new together. Considering Instagram plays live video with guests as a split screen, I recommend viewing at Instagram.com on your desktop or tablet to get a better viewing