Tuckahoe Train Station Marker

Frolickin

Explorer
Apr 21, 2003
Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
I was at Tuckahoe Train Station and took a photograph of this marker. Does anyone know what it is? I am curious.

5013220605_fdf415359d.jpg

Also, there was this nearby marker.

5013224549_5ccd566b82.jpg

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I'm still learning this stuff but I think the first one is 58 miles to somewhere and the second one is a signal for the engineer to blow the whistle. There are others that can give a better answer but I wanted to mention that Saturday is Fallfest in Pemberton Boro and the Pemberton R/R station will be open.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Oji is correct. There always is a W before an intersection letting them know to blow the whistle, and the numbered monument looks similar to the JCRR mileposts.

BTW Tom, my youngest daughter wants to go to that Pemberton event because people we work with are going to be there and asked her to stop by. Are you attending? I may be there also since she does not have a car :)

Guy

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Guy, Sorry I won't be there due to previous plans. The Historic Trust will have tables set up at the park next to the bridge over The Rancocas. On the other side of town is the R/R station and it will be open also.In the station will be flyers for upcoming events which include a haunted hayride, a collectible train and toy show, and a daytime hayride in Dec.