Tuckerton Road Work

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
The section between Carranza Road and High Crossing is being repaired. On Tuesday I noticed tree limbs being trimmed. On Wednesday there was a FFS tractor carrier parked at the Skit and Carranza Road with tracks heading south. Also there were workers pumping out the first hole north of High Crossing. Today I drove in from Carranza and they had filled in that long rutted clay section.

This is the hole every one gets stuck in as seen in High Crossing Never Disappoints. There goes my entertainment.
P1010422s.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Oh okay. I see it has just been drained and not worked on. I should have read the posts better.

PINEY WARDEN

Explorer
Jan 13, 2012
Ed that is correct the road is gonna be repaired all the way through. Dirt is going to be hauled in to fill the monster holes as weather allows. Their gonna be pumped out prior to filling.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I hope they make the road high so it doesn't happen again.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Without water they seem tame. Thanks Ed! Maybe I will pass by on the weekend. I have a few things to look for right in the middle of Tuckerton Road.

ARMSTRONG

Mar 22, 2015
Tabernacle, NJ
Bit of a shame. They were fun. As long as you knew where to zig and when to zag, it was a piece of pudding. The best part was when you got to other side and someone would come down trail thinking they could charge threw. Big splash and they sink to bottom

ARMSTRONG

Mar 22, 2015
Tabernacle, NJ
It needed to be done. It was getting bad. A number of time my son and I went out kicking around and just bypass that area instead of chance getting stuck. I was just making fun of it.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Looking at the first photo, it seems plain to me that their problem was the center section of terrain between the wheel ruts is much higher than the bottom of the wheel ruts. That means a hard stuck rear or transmission with no traction at the wheels. Been there, done that. No fun.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The FFS were fixing Tuckerton Road today at Carranza. There were sand trucks constantly coming down Carranza dropping off dirt. It appears they were filling in the complete road. I guess they were getting holiday pay.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Yes, they were working on Memorial Day. They made it to High Crossing this morning, filling in the holes north of the tracks. The south holes have been smoothed out and are quite passable.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
High Crossing got a lot lower today as the loaders used it as fill to level the area. The holes south of the tracks are filled with water again.

Reactions: Teegate