Tulpehocken Trail

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Has anyone heard of a Tulpehocken Trail? Its supposed to start at Apple Pie Hill and I know not where ot ends. A friend of mine sent me a post someone had put up about it on Facebook
I think Jason Howell is involved in marking it out. I believe it roughly follows the Tulpehocken Creek, and is marked by bright blue blazes. I think it runs south along Damsleff Ave (maybe from Apple Pie Hill?), to Hawkins Bridge Road, though Friendship, and it makes a right along Hawkins Lowland Rd. Not sure where it ends but I believe it is a 17 mile trail.

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Penn Swamp area is where it ends according to Facebook.
facebook is where I was sent the info from. I take it it must cross tulpehocken at some point.If not at Hawkins Bridge then one must get wet unless they use the foot bridge up above where Feahterbed Branch and the Main Branch meet. Not much into trails myself but was asked by a friend if I had heard of it.Many of the trails their putting in either follow roads or parallel them anyway. Can't say I hate trails,can be useful at times but the neatest places are always off of them.

Reactions: Wick and Teegate

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
seems to me it may be a cross connector of the Batona Trail.The BT passes over Apple Pie Hill and also passes over the wooden bridge of Penn Swamp Branch on Quaker bridge batsto rd so this new trail may start and end on the BT?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
What's a trail?

Actually, I want to put a plug in for Well's Mills trails for families who want to walk in the woods. I've been surveying some streams that feed off of Oyster Creek and was really amazed at how nice it is back there and how well kept the trails are.

By the way, I had a little pocket PH meter with me, and one of the sphagnous seeps rising at the bottom of some hills is as acidic as orange juice. Seriously.

• Love
Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
What's a trail?

Actually, I want to put a plug in for Well's Mills trails for families who want to walk in the woods. I've been surveying some streams that feed off of Oyster Creek and was really amazed at how nice it is back there and how well kept the trails are.

By the way, I had a little pocket PH meter with me, and one of the sphagnous seeps rising at the bottom of some hills is as acidic as orange juice. Seriously.
I love orange juice.I"ll have to hit those seeps!

• Haha
Reactions: slingblade