Turkey Beard forest

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I found this dense stand of Turkey Beard near Carranza this weekend. We stopped counting at 60 heads.

Turkey_Beard.jpg

Head.jpg

They will soon return to an inconspicuous grass.

Guy, your closeups inspired me to try some with my new camera.

moss1.jpg

moss2.jpg

The second picture obviously has a depth of field issue. I havent found a way to control the aperture on my camera. More practice!

This next picture is a beer can wind chime on the west side of the Wading River just south of Hawkins.
Beer_Chimes.jpg

I swear that picture was in focus when I took it. :beerspill:

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
This next picture is a beer can wind chime on the west side of the Wading River just south of Hawkins.
Beer_Chimes.jpg

I swear that picture was in focus when I took it. :beerspill:

I kind of like it the way it is, Ed. LOL. And your photos -- Turkey Beard? Didn't know the name, but it's impressive. Your macros . . . pretty cool. Love how more and more macro shots are showing up on this forum.

Glo

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
An excellent start Ed! I want to see more :)

Try holding the button down half way for a few seconds and waiting until it comes into focus.

I was searching the web the other night and there was a video showing how to keep steady. Try this. Put your camera in your hand, put your arms up in front of you with your hand right in front of your face. Touch your elbows and then at the same time touch your wrists together. Basically your arm from your wrists to your elbow should be touching. This keeps the camera steady.

For macro shots it is not always easy to do it this way though.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Nice pic of all those Turkeys Ed, i liked them all. What is the make and model of your new camera ?

Jim

It's a Panasonic TZ5.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonictz5/

I chose it for the following reasons:

It will fit in my shirt pocket
9 MP, lots of room to crop
Wide angle lens, 28mm
10x optical zoom
High speed burst mode for action shots, 6 fps @ 2 MP, 3FPS @ 9MP

I race my Jack Russell Terrier and have gotten some terrific action shots.
Here she is winning a hurdle race.
Buffy_flying.jpg