Turkey Vultures on Egg Harbor City water tower.

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
Does anyone have any theories as to why there are always so many Turkey Vultures congregating on top of the Egg Harbor City water tower? Someone commented to me about it and I didn't have an answer and hadn't noticed it before, but now I take notice when I drive up Philadelphia Avenue. There are definitely a lot of them on the water tower all the time. I'm curious why they would be there.
Thanks,
Barry

ultraman007

Dec 31, 1969
Hot turkey love

Of all birds indigenous to the Pine Barrens, I don't think any are sexier, more supple or more erotic than the Turkey Vulture.

For the past decade, I've spent every Sunday morning silently creeping through the pines, nude, searching for massive, plump and willing fowl with which to consumate by bestial love need.

These birds often prove elusive. They resist my urges. Luring them to my groin with a pickeral, or some pine nuts, often proves successful, but frequently, the birds will skitter off, when I stoke their avian loveliness.

Now that I know these birds are congregating in Egg Harbor, I shall relocate my search. Look for me on Sunday. I'll be the nude, caped man, soaring high into the air, yearning for hot turkey-on-man action.

Please don't judge me. I love the pines too. But in a different, special way.

Next week I will describe to you my own method of harvesting cranberries in the bog. I'm sure you'll find it a turn on.

Ultraman007

farmerbob

Dec 31, 1969
Hot turkey love

Ultraman, always remember the old saying..."Leaves of three, hold close to thee"...FB.

BobM

Scout
Dec 31, 1969
Hot turkey love

Ultraman007,

007, you mean to long to "bond" to the bird? Your strange fetish is actually hilarious.

If the wily birds escape your willing advances, try dipping your hot wand down a timber rattler's throat. It will only sting for awhile.

JeffD

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
Hot turkey love

But Bob, the poor snake may be the one who may become ill or even die. You're idea sounds better, Farmer Bob.

When I worked in a state park years ago, there were certain individuals who used to like to make holes in the partitions between the hoppers in the rest rooms and stick their hot wands through it to reach out and touch someone, so to speak. Rangers in some parks that experienced this phenomenon were known to polish these holes with poision ivy.

august

Dec 31, 1969
Hot turkey love

Ultraman007, I suggest you may want to re-locate your search. see below.

Town Besieged By Turkeys

(AP) (ROCKLAKE, N.D.) This is a town besieged by turkeys.

The birds were raised on a Rocklake farm but left to fend for themselves when the family left, said Towner County Deputy Jerry Martin. In the summer, the birds hang out in the wild, but winter finds them in the town of about 150 people, where they eat at bird feeders and look for scraps from residents.

Martin said he had to rescue a woman who was trapped in her car after a group of turkeys stopped her from getting out.

"I had to chase them away with a broom," Martin said.

Officials said wild turkeys also have created problems in the towns of Minot and Wahpeton, and eventually will be trapped and moved to the wild.

"The trouble comes when someone who likes seeing them starts putting out food for them," said Greg Link, an assistant Game and Fish Department wildlife chief. "Any wildlife that hangs around people isn't a good situation."

Towner County Sheriff Vaughn Klier was asked what happened to one of the more belligerent turkeys after he threatened in a newspaper column to have "a meeting at high noon" with the bird. The sheriff said he would "have to plead the Fifth."

Klier moved back to the area three years ago after a 22-year law enforcement career in Oregon.

"I went up against really bad guys in Oregon, but they didn't tell me I had to go against turkeys," Klier said. "Things can get dangerous in Towner County."