TV shows on the pines?

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
For all the TV shows I have seen on the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone,etc, I have never seen one show devoted to the pine barrens. I wonder if there have been TV shows made but never aired.
I have heard of RFD-TV, sounds like they might have some stuff on the pines, but we dont get them on cable, I'd have go satellite to get it.
An unofficial poll of course, what do you do for TV? I would guess most have satellite, cable comes 2nd, over the air 3rd, and Verizon Fios 4th (for teh lucky few that have it). Verizon hasn't even gotten to my town yet, and I doubt they'll go to the pines anytime soon.
pbjkcanyouhearmenowguy.jpg

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
I have seen a few Pine Barrens' shows on our local PBS station. I never seem to catch them beginning to end, then, when I hit "View upcoming times for this show" on my on-screen TV Guide, there's no other showings listed.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
An unofficial poll of course, what do you do for TV?

I watch DVD's, and that's all. I really didn't intend to give up watching "regular" TV, it just happened that way. When I moved in 2006 I couldn't get cable and I was too busy with other stuff to order a dish. Funny thing... after a couple weeks I realized that I didn't miss my TV at all (I previously had Comcast), so I decided I'd just wait until I missed it. Well, it will be two years this May and I still don't miss it. And I find there are lots of better things to do with my free time.

Whenever I go on a business trip I watch cable TV in my hotel room and realize that I haven't missed anything. I'm not someone on a "crusade" or anything, but if you've never gone cold turkey without TV then you might want to give it a try sometime. It's really changed my perspective.

I have a very large DVD collection (I buy them for $5 or $6 on sale when I find something interesting), and I have a nice widescreen plasma TV so I still get my "fix" on media. But I've found I just don't have the attention span I used to have when I'd sit around channel surfing for hours every night. Now it takes me two or three days to watch a movie.

Someday I'll probably get bored and get a dish, or maybe Comcast or Verizon will run some lines out my way (not very likely though because of my remote location). But for now I'm really happy to just do without.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
The very first time I watched the X Files was when someone told me that the next episode was going to be about the Jersey Devil. They pretty much got every detail of the area wrong, such as Atlantic City being nestled in the woods, but I got hooked on the series anyway.