Two days to complete the Batona Trail = terrible idea!

So last month, two of my friends and I were dragged along by two of my Boy Scouts to attempt to do the Batona Trail in two days. This was not the brightest idea that anyone ever had.

But I did get some pretty pictures!

batona2day05.jpg

This one might be my favorite pine barrens picture I've ever gotten:
batona2day11.jpg

batona2day24.jpg

batona2day30.jpg

batona2day33.jpg
batona2day36.jpg

batona2day43.jpg
batona2day49.jpg
batona2day59.jpg
batona2day70.jpg

My full ramblings on my experience, and some more pretty pictures -
https://southjerseytrails.org/2016/12/10/twodaybatonathruhike/

T

Toothy Critter

I often see hikers trying to do Batona in 2 or 3 days. But they always seem to be in such a hurry They remind me of people in the city running around. A group of hikers once passed me like there was something chasing them. The last one stopped for like 5 seconds to look at something on the ground. By the time he looked up, he had to run to catch up to his group. Just me, but is this any way to enjoy the experience. I plan on 5 days which may seem like the opposite end of the spectrum, but I plan on stopping to rest, fish, take pics, swim, and take in my surroundings. Maybe being older and retired gives me the opportunity to do this...and the necessity :)

Reactions: h2ochild and Boyd
I often see hikers trying to do Batona in 2 or 3 days. But they always seem to be in such a hurry They remind me of people in the city running around. A group of hikers once passed me like there was something chasing them. The last one stopped for like 5 seconds to look at something on the ground. By the time he looked up, he had to run to catch up to his group. Just me, but is this any way to enjoy the experience. I plan on 5 days which may seem like the opposite end of the spectrum, but I plan on stopping to rest, fish, take pics, swim, and take in my surroundings. Maybe being older and retired gives me the opportunity to do this...and the necessity :)

Five days is completely the way to do it. enjoy every second of it!