Unknown Family Photo's

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

After going through many of my family photos with my mom we have come up with a few so far that we have no idea who they are or exactly where they were taken. Because of that I am not too worried about posting them and will ask for some help from individuals I know who might have some answers. I have other photos which I will post in the future. A few of them I am checking on today. All of these photos were more than likely taken in the Repaupo, Gibbstown and Bridgeport NJ area. Click on the photos to make them larger.

Dapper individual

IMAG0006.JPG

IMAG0007a.jpg

IMAG0007b.jpg

IMAG0008.JPG

IMAG0010.JPG

What do you think is going on here???

IMAG0015.JPG

This may have been taken in downtown Repaupo at one of the two stores that were there.

IMAG0016.JPG

I have many photo's of the two younger individuals in this photo. I may be related to them in some way.

IMAG0018.JPG

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Have you tried the genealogy web sites to back trace your last name. That and census records, SS records and records kept in a library has helped me go back many generations. I was able to obtain copies of records; birth certificates, marriage certificates, military records, naturalization records, passport records and death records among them. Difficult at times, especially with records from other countries and their customs, but very rewarding. My Sister and I work on it together and so far have been able to get back to the late 1600's on my father's side.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I know quite a bit about my family especially since my mom is still alive and her family knew everyone. I am just interested in finding info on the photo's. I am pretty certain my Great Grandmother or her daughter (Grandmothers sister) took the photos. And I am certain many of the individuals shown are not family members.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I think they may be picking strawberries in that one.

Yesterday I reviewed that promotional video about Seaside Heights made in 1960 (about 14 minutes long). It was depressing to realize that everyone in the photo that was 50 at the time (many were) is now deceased.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You may be right about the strawberries.

I went to Repaupo today and knocked on the door of a woman who owns the house that my great-grandparents lived at in 1905. She was surprised to see an old photo of her house. I looked for another house but did not find it.