Up the Batsto White trail to the Forge, 3/26-27

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
Folks,
Some backpackers friends and I will be hiking up the Mullica to Lower Forge Saturday. Sunday hiking out to the Carranza Memorial. I was thinking of trying to incorporate the plains in this, but not sure with time constraints. Most likely 8 miles up and 6-7 out. Anybody interested drop a line.

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
white trail

Hey Pineyboy,you picked a nice section to hike,thats the batona trail and just so ya know the trail blazes are pink, there just faded .I would,nt want you to all of a sudden come up to the pink blazes and think you made a wrong turn lol ! enjoy the hike you'll love it

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
Hey Tom,
Actually I'm thinking of the trail that runs adjacent to the Batona. I find that running straight up the Batona out of Batsto lacks the view of the white trail. Its an old fireline that runs right against the Mullica. Depending on how cold it is though I may change my tune. If it stays in the thirties with strong wind I may take the Batona to avoid the wind. Thanks for thinking of me though.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Piney Boy said:
Hey Tom,
Actually I'm thinking of the trail that runs adjacent to the Batona. I find that running straight up the Batona out of Batsto lacks the view of the white trail. Its an old fireline that runs right against the Mullica. Depending on how cold it is though I may change my tune. If it stays in the thirties with strong wind I may take the Batona to avoid the wind. Thanks for thinking of me though.

Piney Boy,
FYI I hiked both of those trails yesterday (3-20-06) all the way to where the Batona meets the river. The old fire cut (white trail) was just redone recently. You'll be walking in loose sand for awhile. I walked down in the swamp as often as I could.