Vaccine availability

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I got an email last Thursday morning from the New Jersey Department of Health stating that I am eligible to schedule an appointment at the Gloucester County mega site at Rowan University. I went to the link they provided and am on for this Friday.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I got an email last Thursday morning from the New Jersey Department of Health stating that I am eligible to schedule an appointment at the Gloucester County mega site at Rowan University. I went to the link they provided and am on for this Friday.

You got lucky. They are full now.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My mom is 93 and has heard nothing. My brother registered her and himself and received a reply they had received it. This is all really frustrating. I know people who have got the vaccine this week and are much younger than me and are not high risk or have jobs that make them eligible. They just made calls and received an appointment.

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
I'm 75. I've gotten three emails for appointments. First was for Camden County residents only at Camden County College. Then I got one at the State's Mega Center at Moorestown Mall. I'm going there. My appointment is for this Thursday, the 28th. Most recently, I got an email for the State's Mega Center at Rowan College.

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
I'm concerned that the wealthy and politically connected will find a way to skip the line.

As yet, only my friend who is an employee of Inspira had received it. My parents got an email, at first, scheduling them for Feb 5th, followed by another email, rescheduling them for June 23rd. I'm not sure what the bottleneck is, but it seems like if ever there was a time to spend public funds to relieve it, this would be it. Any money you might spend now for increased production or staffing at vaccine sites would be far outweighed by the lesser costs to medicaid/medicare for people's hospitalization when they contract the virus. The burden on the unemployment system also isn't going anywhere until a high percentage of the population has immunity either.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
My wife got the first shot two weeks ago and goes for shot #2 on the 9th of February.
I signed up on State site and have heard nothing. I am going to try the Cam Co College website, now that I found out I am a priority because I'm scientifically documented as fat ! :)
If you have a BMI over 30, you're in ! I don't think I've ever had a BMI under 30 throughout my lifetime.
If I smoked my tobacco instead of chewed it, I would gain even more priority points !

As Dr. Nicholas Riviera would say, "What a Country !"

Last edited:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
My wife has an appointment now for July.
Guy, I dicked around with the Camden County site at lunch and the earliest available appointment was in May, even with my "obesity". I just tried a few minutes ago and earliest is now July 8 !!!!
I think maybe I'll poke my eye out next to see if that helps..

Reactions: Teegate

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
I get emails from Camden County during the year for county news and events. A while back I got the email from the County to sign up for the vaccine. This was for County residents only. However, news got out the night before. At about 9pm.,my wife and I signed up. We got a 2/15 date. The person who told us, signed up an hour earlier and got a 2/5 date. Time slots were going fast even before the official announcement.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My doctors office is actually one of the sites. My wife called yesterday and if you are not 65, no soup for you. :D

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
I was just going over the list and cooper was letting me make an appointment
at least to the point where I would certify I was eligible...
I should have lied and scheduled, by the time the appt comes around I probably would be!