Pines; Bamber area
Go for it if you need it.

1618515384283.png

Reactions: Sue Gremlin

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
The situation has changed dramatically in the last two weeks. Plenty of vaccine availability and much easier to get an appointment.
The State registration was essentially worthless from the start (just like our Governor) but now I am getting emails and texts from the State to go to specific locations for the shot. I completed my two-shot Pfizer been a month ago.

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Have to agree it was a slow start and picking up
I had registered with the state way back when it went live. Heard nothing for awhile then an update email or two, then nothing.
Day before I went on vaca they sent an e-mail with a link to make an appt.
Closest date was two weeks out but that was perfect since I was going away.
Got my 1st Pfizer shot Wednesday.

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My mom is 93 and had her last one this week. No problems at all. Got to ride on the golf cart and all. She could not make it from the senior parking area to the building and it is pretty close. My brother had a later appointment and they took him at the same time so he did not have to go back.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I registered with the state when it first started. I received an email last week that there were appointments available in October. Had already called my family doctor and got an appointment in 8 days. 2nd shot is in 2 weeks.

Reactions: RednekF350

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Lost a coworker from covid last Saturday. He was the 1st person I knew to die from it.
I was never afraid of the virus but that made me look at it differently.
My plans were always to get the vaccine but it was never a priority.

Reactions: old jersey girl

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
My daughters boss out of state.

Thanks for checking in Jen. I am not well, started steroids a few days ago to stop the spread but I have gone 6 days with 102.7+ fever, chills, headache and so much pain. Doctor says 2-3 weeks. I am scared Jen never felt so sick in my life....
is this in response to getting the virus or did he get the vaccine and come down with this?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I didn't say anything,still trying to process it but lost my Mom to Covid january 17.she was only 71 and fairly healthy though over weight and high blood pressure.She was run down from being ran ragged by a couple of unapppreciative teenage kids that are no relation to us whatsoever so that may have had something to do with.Got pnuemonia and eight days later succumbed.She tried to get out of bed and when they ran to get her she collapsed in their arms and had a DNR and refused the vent. So I"m definitely not denying the reality of the virus just doubting the so called vaccine is the best answer.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
I didn't say anything,still trying to process it but lost my Mom to Covid january 17.she was only 71 and fairly healthy though over weight and high blood pressure.She was run down from being ran ragged by a couple of unapppreciative teenage kids that are no relation to us whatsoever so that may have had something to do with.Got pnuemonia and eight days later succumbed.She tried to get out of bed and when they ran to get her she collapsed in their arms and had a DNR and refused the vent. So I"m definitely not denying the reality of the virus just doubting the so called vaccine is the best answer.
Al, so sorry to hear about your mom. 71 is too early, but Covid is an awful disease. This is from the CDC website if it is any help to you in trying to make a decision.

"Over 189 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through April 12, 2021. During this time, VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) received 3,005 reports of death (0.00158%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths."

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I do know that many Life Insurance companies will not pay if death is due to the vaccine because it is experimental and not FDA approved. It is new MRNA technology that rewrites code in your DNA. Not something I want loose in my body. I still don't understand how you can create a vaccine for a virus in the same family as the common cold that mutates faster then you can make a vaccine.Thats why we don't have vaccines for the common cold which of course is a coronavirus. I"m juiced up on vitamin D and C.I think I"ll let my immune system handle the rest. I"ve ate sammiches with dirty hands and drank from the hose and lived! I"ll chance the virus.

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
I do know that many Life Insurance companies will not pay if death is due to the vaccine because it is experimental and not FDA approved. It is new MRNA technology that rewrites code in your DNA. Not something I want loose in my body. I still don't understand how you can create a vaccine for a virus in the same family as the common cold that mutates faster then you can make a vaccine.Thats why we don't have vaccines for the common cold which of course is a coronavirus. I"m juiced up on vitamin D and C.I think I"ll let my immune system handle the rest. I"ve ate sammiches with dirty hands and drank from the hose and lived! I"ll chance the virus.
I am really sorry to hear about your mother, what a terrible loss.

I need to step in here and say that this is inaccurate that the mRNA recodes your DNA. That's just not true. Not any more true than any immune response to any foreign material. The mRNA gives your body the map to make the code for the spike protein of the virus, which it will mount an immune response to. This works exactly the same way as anything you get infected with: You mount a response to a part of that organism.

The spike protein seems to be the same even in the mutants, at least so far. There's a lot we don't know yet, and information is evolving.

It is also false that life insurance companies don't cover death from the vaccine.

These vaccines are not unapproved. The FDA has given provisional approval for these vaccines, which have been found to be safe and effective thus far. The mRNA vaccines are really much better in efficacy than a lot of vaccines out there, including the flu vaccines. The common cold is caused by a few different types of viruses, including a coronavirus. I suspect we will have a vaccine for that due to the emergence of this mRNA technology, which was leveraged from a lot of work done for cat vaccines over the last couple of decades.

Not all vaccines are mRNA, some are vectored, just like a lot of other vaccines.

Covid 19 has a high rate of survival, but there are a lot of problems that come from infection in a lot of people, including blood clots, weird inflammatory conditions and lung fibrosis. It is a terrible virus that has killed more than half a million Americans.

I received the J&J so I had a much better chance of a) not getting infected, and b) not infecting (and potentially killing) other people. But in the end, of course, it is your decision.

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
I had Covid and I had the Covid vaccine. They both suck.
Real Covid took 6 weeks to recover but the vaccine side-effects were like compressed Covid for 48 hours.