Various Photo's

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Some photo's from today.

Aren't you glad you were not under this tree during the storm?

IMG_4863.JPG

Jessica relaxing.

IMG_4864.JPG

All over a sand pit we visited.

IMG_4862a.jpg

Mountain Laurel before blooming.

IMG_4868a.jpg

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It looked fine. I looked around at the bottom of the tree to see if there was any signs of something where it hit the ground and nothing was there.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy, what are the white and green flowers? Mt. Laurel shot is very interesting.

Glo

You had to ask that didn't you :( Now I have to answer and say I don't know :bang: I looked on Mike Bakers site to find it but could not. I am sure Bob is going to say he has showed it to me before and told me the name, but unlike some things I never can remember plant names for some reason. I have been trying to remedy that but it has been a failure.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
You had to ask that didn't you :( Now I have to answer and say I don't know :bang: I looked on Mike Bakers site to find it but could not. I am sure Bob is going to say he has showed it to me before and told me the name, but unlike some things I never can remember plant names for some reason. I have been trying to remedy that but it has been a failure.Guy

That is Pine Barren Sandwort Guy.....Arenaria caroliniana.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is Pine Barren Sandwort Guy.....Arenaria caroliniana.

Seems so simple since you have told me that many times, but I just could not remember the name. I actually was thinking "sand" because it is right in the sand pit and all along the edges. It was everywhere.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Very nice Guy!

My Mountain Laurel is not so pink here, and has been in full bloom already for about a week. I have some pictures that I'll post if I get a chance.

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Thank you, Guy and Bob, for introducing me to this pretty little plant. The growth habit is unusual and attractive too. I think the graceful Latin Arenaria caroliniana, suits it well.

A Pine Barrens Odyssey (my thanks to you, Mr. Boyd!) adds useful tidbits of information.

Glo