Various Websites

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you have plenty of time, and have not viewed these before, you may want to check them out.

Also, here is an interesting article from the SandPaper concerning the JetPort. The author of the article claims that a "group of militant Boy Scouts" were the demise of the billboards that were on Route 72 touting the benefits of the JetPort.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Have had this book for quite awhile, perhaps it contains a lot of the same images?

folklife.jpg

For anyone interested in the Jetport, the PDF of Tim Hart's research project that Guy posted in this thread back in 2017 is really worth checking out.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Also, here is an interesting article from the SandPaper concerning the JetPort. The author of the article claims that a "group of militant Boy Scouts" were the demise of the billboards that were on Route 72 touting the benefits of the JetPort.

1696731431999.png

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There are a few of them along 72. I found the property monuments to some of them. I will look for my photos as well.

harlequinhawk

Aug 31, 2009
Have had this book for quite awhile, perhaps it contains a lot of the same images?

View attachment 20875

For anyone interested in the Jetport, the PDF of Tim Hart's research project that Guy posted in this thread back in 2017 is really worth checking out.
A little off-topic but this image has a story to tell in itself. I wrote something up for the October release of SoJourn for Stockton. My greatuncle and greataunt's house featured here no longer stands on the boarder of Jackson Township and Plumsted Township.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Which image? Do you mean the house on the cover of the Pinelands Folklife book belonged to your great and and uncle? That would be very cool! :cool:

Last edited: