Vermont

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

I was in Vermont since last Friday and have just returned home. I am sure you read or watched the news concerning the flooding in the Waterbury area where my relatives live. My relatives ex-wife lives in downtown Waterbury and during hurricane Irene the water pushed in the front foundation of her home and she had to have it replaced. This week her kids decided to smash in the basement window and allow the water in to support the foundation and that apparently worked. The water made it to within 1 inch of the floor.

The girls and I were further north near Canada at their other home and the town flooded quite a bit which blocked the roads keeping us from traveling as we usually do. We spent two days inside reading the news online as the rain kept coming down. The lake we are on is 3 miles long and almost 1 mile wide and the water rise was two feet. That is a massive amount of water. It covered the dock and it started to float away, and I had to tie a rope to it to keep it somewhat in place. On Saturday morning we had a beach but by Sunday it was gone. I have been going there for 56 years and have never viewed anything like this.

Here is the dock when we got there. It is about a foot above the water.

IMG_8203.jpg

The beach

IMG_8220a.jpg

Getting higher.
IMG_8255a.jpg

And higher.

IMG_8258a.jpg

And then it started to float.

IMG_8273a.jpg

The beach is gone.

IMG_8264a.jpg

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
I've been following it. It's terrible. My sincerest wishes for the best for those people. I hope their clean up and recovery is fast and complete.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
One last addition. My relative has an all electric Rivian and he was showing us how it can be raised or lowered for off-road use. The video link is at the bottom.

The computer screen.

IMG_8211a.jpg

Click For Rivian Off Road Use

And an article owners may not want to read :)

Reactions: stiltzkin and Boyd