Video Camera

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
That is very cool, and the price looks good too. But newer smartphones can also do pretty much the same thing without the need to carry another gadget.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They are just like the one I have. Cisco makes mine but they are getting out of the business.

http://support.theflip.com/en-us/home

There is a major flaw in all of these camera's. I would suggest before anyone buy's them they think about the fact they do not have image stabilization. The camera is great when it is still but once you move them the video gets shaky. For me to film Jessica last week in the briers I had to hold it really still for it to turn out well. I have a video I took in Bob's truck that will show you what I mean. I will try and get it up.

Guy

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
My Kodak Zi8 has image stabilization. Less blur, ten hours of HD video, 4X zoom, a SD card slot and a built in HDMI cable are perfect for what I use it for. The only thing I didn't like was it recorded in mono. A Sony DS70P stereo mic solved that problem. However, it does only have five megapixels but the video quality is still very good. It isn't bad for a pocket recorder.

Teegate is right, that they can be shaky at times, but the Kodak isn't as bad as some of the others.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I uploaded the video and youtube told me this. I decided not to fix it so you can see it as it is.

video.jpg

Make sure you keep your sound low on this. It can be annoying. I have it set so only those with the link can view it.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
There is a major flaw in all of these camera's. I would suggest before anyone buy's them they think about the fact they do not have image stabilization.

According to the link that Bob posted, that camera does have image stabilization

Image Stabilization
Got shaky hands? SteadyShot image stabilization technology is built in to help reduce blur, making your videos and photos look even better.

Wow, I didn't know that YouTube was processing shaky video now.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I did not see that. It might be why the cost is slightly higher.

Guy

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
They are just like the one I have. Cisco makes mine but they are getting out of the business.

http://support.theflip.com/en-us/home

There is a major flaw in all of these camera's. I would suggest before anyone buy's them they think about the fact they do not have image stabilization. The camera is great when it is still but once you move them the video gets shaky. For me to film Jessica last week in the briers I had to hold it really still for it to turn out well. I have a video I took in Bob's truck that will show you what I mean. I will try and get it up.

Guy

I also have the Flip. Very nice and small. great Video too. Too bad Cisco is getting away from these things.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I also have the Flip. Very nice and small. great Video too. Too bad Cisco is getting away from these things.

It is a nice video camera as you say. I see them all the time on the news stations and even the sports reporters use them. If mine had image stabilization it would be the perfect camera for the woods.