Video Editing Software

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Does anyone have experience with video editing software? One I have been checking out is ROXIO Creator 11, but it seems to get bad reviews. I am interested in cleaning up my videos, stabilizing, editing, making menues and such. They are all already digitized, but in several formats.

Thanks,
Ed

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I have been pretty heavily involved with video for the last 10 years. I work exclusively in Final Cut Pro, but it only runs on macs. Adobe Premiere runs on both platforms. Vegas Video is also very popular on Windows. All of these will take awhile to learn and are not inexpensive.

Of course, iMovie comes free with every Mac and is quite powerful while easy to use.

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
I am on a PC. I use Premiere Elements ($100) and I use Virtual Dub for anti shake and deflickering of time lapse sequences (free, but you have to search out and find all the plug-ins/filters). For my needs this works fine. I don't know what you mean about menus...

My latest video,

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I'm still trying to get my 8mm reels onto something computer readable ::rolleyes: The very little I've done I've used what MS provided in XP's media center edition.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I'm still trying to get my 8mm reels onto something computer readable ::rolleyes: The very little I've done I've used what MS provided in XP's media center edition.

Tailor-made converted over 3000 feet of 8mm film for me. I did it back in 2004 when you had to go through a local dealer, looking at their web site I think you can deal with them directly now. The dealer I used was The Camera Stop in Medford. They did a greay job and even added music.

I http://www.tmtransfers.com/

You better do it soon before the film is so old it cracks.

Ed