Views From Today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Yesterday, when I was passing the Bordentown Gun Club at the curve on 532, I noticed a car parked right on the curve and a group of individuals in the woods doing something. So early this morning on my way to meet up with Bob, I stopped there to see what they were doing. I am assuming this is new so if I am wrong please correct me. Apparently, a motorcyclist didn't make the curve and was killed back in December. The tree's don't have car crash marks on them so I am guessing it was a motorcycle. Anyway, there is a memorial in the woods that you may want to stop and investigate. His name was Andrew J Fisher.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/courierpostonline/obituary.aspx?n=andrew-j-fisher&pid=155068303

IMG_9539.JPG

IMG_9542.JPG

IMG_9544.JPG

IMG_9547.JPG

Later in the day we were exploring and I got a nice view of a coyote track.

IMG_9549.JPG

Vehicles have gotten into this location.

IMG_9552.JPG

A very tough place to get to.

IMG_9553.JPG

Bob told me not to post this until he narrowed it down. I never listen.

IMG_9556.JPG

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That is correct Guy, it was a motorcycle accident. It is my understanding that he kind of dissapeared into the woods after going off the road and was not discovered until a motorist noticed the disturbance in the trees/bushes. That knowledge comes from Marilyn at Buzbys. I can tell you that family visit the site often as I often see people there.

Jeff

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bobpbx, is the sedge considered invasive?

If not, then it is Carex nigra (smooth black sedge).

Gibby, I never considered whether or not Carex striata was invasive. You might consider that in some areas of the country as it is very colonial and opportunistic. I think it is a Carex striata before the pistillate spike has revealed itself. These are all staminate spikes, and on striata, the pistillate is the lower spike.

As far as Carex nigra, always consider the location we are in. I would be very surprised if they moved this far south. But good guess, I like how you narrowed it down to a Genus.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Now we know another way to distinguish coyote prints :)