Wading river, canoe and kayak access points

PJH79

May 31, 2019
N.J.
Can anyone give me info on pine barrens kayaking and canoeing.

We’re looking at doing Hawkins Bridge to either Bodine Firld or Beaver Branch.

How much room is at those access points for parking?

Is any permit or campground permit required to park at any of those locations?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
No permit required.Your not supposed to take out at Bodines unless your camping there but un;limited room.Beaver branch is about fifteen minutes past Bodines and room for about ten cars there.

PJH79

May 31, 2019
N.J.
No permit required.Your not supposed to take out at Bodines unless your camping there but un;limited room.Beaver branch is about fifteen minutes past Bodines and room for about ten cars there.
Excellent. Thanks for the info.

Probably bringing a trailer with a few kayaks on. Which has more room to park for that? Hawkins or Beaver? Both spots have room to turn around with a trailer I’d assume since micks canoe gets back there .

PJH79

May 31, 2019
N.J.
Excellent. Thanks for the info.

Probably bringing a trailer with a few kayaks on. Which has more room to park for that? Hawkins or Beaver? Both spots have room to turn around with a trailer I’d assume since micks canoe gets back there .
Been out there recently? How’s the water level ?

PJH79

May 31, 2019
N.J.
thanks for all the excellent info..
Few additional questions.
Godfrey Bridge - is also a campground, would i need a camping permit to park there for kayaking?

Which bridge has the campground where everyone jumps off the bridge and swims? Is that godfrey bride and wading pines campground?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Yes that is Godfreys Bridge and I don't know about needing a permit to park there.I don;t think so but have never seen anyone putting in or taking out there, Yes that is a camoground there.state west side of bridge and private wading pines on east side

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This was taken in 2008 so things may have changed. Give the Batsto VC a call. I have parked there during lunch and was never approached.

103129273.jpg

Satellite view of Godfrey's, looks like quite a few kayak's on the beach.

169309555.jpg