Waiting for YOU!

Apr 30, 2009
Grrrr...of all the bugs in the world...these I dislike! Duck tape is a must.....when you get so many on you...duck tape or that lint roller works the best to get them off!!

Sep 2, 2009
Seaside Park
From the looks of this thread, I take it no one would be interested in this shirt ......

CHIGGERS.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
These guys are just terrible right now. I merely walked across my recently mowed yard on Friday evening and ended up with 3 or 4 bites on my ankles. Cutting and hauling firewood yesterday I got several more bites, in spite of wearing permethrin-treated socks and clothes.

Guess it will take a hard frost to make things better...

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I wonder if there is a hierarchy in the group and they get yelled at if they miss a chance to hitchhike? Is there disappointment and frustration? If so, that makes me happy and I am sure you are also Jeff :dance:

Guy

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
My pup had his first run-in with seed ticks last week. What a pain in the arse they were. He had a few hundred all over him, but the frontline took care of them. Apparently he walked through a patch of ticks after hatching and had them all over. I used tape on them too. There can be thousands of the little bastards in a small area and this is the time of year for them. I've heard a few people say that they enjoy hiking in Sept and Oct when the cool air comes because the ticks are gone, but Fall is the worst time of year.. from Labor Day to the first few frosts is prime-time.