warm weather

Oct 25, 2006
speaking of the weather,took a ride to the carranza memorial today,hiked a little of the batona trail,gorgeous afternoon,joggers in shorts,horse trailers in the parking lot at the memorial,bow hunters about,on the way back to the car,mosquitoes,unbelievable!!!!!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
The thermometer outside my house read 64 degrees today, unbelievable. Down at the creek there were frogs in the water and on the banks. No ticks though :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
And yesterday morning the ice was 3/4 of and inch thick just off of 206.

Guy

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I don't think global warming would contribute to a one day spike in the weather. It is simply a outlier in a unusual pattern. If it lasts for more than one day I may start to think it is global warming. I'll become concerned when each day we break a record high till then it is just el nino.

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
I was thinking about this winter in general. Sort of a dud, don't you think?
I had my house flood three times in two years, the "50 year flood" sort of event. I lived there for 15 years with no problems.
Maybe it's just chance, but the data presented certainly has given me pause.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I remember winters that were warm like this maybe not quite as warm but... I think it suppose to be very cold next week, still alot of winter left...we will see what happens.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Man, I thought yesterday was warm. Today it's 67 degrees in the shade at my home, 2:30PM! Oh well, cold air is on the way.... headed out to enjoy the spring weather while it lasts! :dance:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was just in Philly on Bustleton Ave and it was dreary. Went to Munchies. Just finished eating it.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Good Riding

So as not to start a new thread when this trip was the result of the good temp, I will plunk this here. I took some time for riding this afternoon.
(Oh, by the way Woodjin, my dog pissed a fit that I wasn't taking her with, you know they can be so mouthy)
Took one of my favorite rides, the JC rails & the Fleming Pike to the Atsion trestle. As things have grown up a bit, I am cut up from head to toe. On to the Trestle and the Mullica was moving nice. Trails were pretty wet and Just about swamped out twice . Decided to Take 206 home. Much easier and kinda fun on a Quad.

G.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
:D 56 degrees here in philly now,raining,feels colder than stated.

Sorry you missed a very nice afternoon around here. I don't believe we got any measurable rain; it was sprinkling very lightly at times during the morning but the sun was peeking in and out of clouds in the afternoon. The porch thermometer said 67, but really it felt warmer than that. :)