Warren Grove Fire Area Revisited

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Was that the reason they were so unsafe?

The rear suspension, a swing axle, was the main issue and was redesigned with a new independent rear suspension for the second generation in 1964. Ralph Nader was another. :rolleyes: IMO the second gen were the better cars, better looking and had some sporty engine options, the last 6 months of their life they were hand built, wouldn't mind owning one of the Corsa models.

https://petrolicious.com/articles/why-the-chevrolet-corvair-corsa-is-collectable

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
The one to have, in my opinion, is an early Spyder convertible with the turbo engine, manual transaxle and real knockoff wire wheels. An older gent I used to work with in the mid 80s owned one, I believe it was a 63. It was in decent shape, daily driven at the time and surprisingly fast! I have never seen another with the same options his had, which were more than I listed. He also owned a 66 XKE 6 cyl convertible, also a very nice and relatively fast car!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
He also owned a 66 XKE 6 cyl convertible, also a very nice and relatively fast car!

I owned a '70 and a 12 cyl '72, both coupes, among other 4 wheeled creations over the years :D

151026302.jpg

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe