Water, stone, plants and an orchid....

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Hey all....
I've had some opportunities to be out and about, (but far fewer to download and organize) ....have seen some lovely things in our world this summer. Some I've seen before but never tire of viewing and some that introduced themselves for the first time....

yellow goatsbeard....seems to be fairly common yet I have never seen it. Went back later in the day and it had closed.

101_6106.JPG

Orange milkwort before the mowers

101_6402.JPG

an interesting rush....sedge ?.......anyone?

101_6413.JPG

So in June I spot these

101_6409.JPG

and in July it looks like this! (Green wood orchids)

green_wood_orchid_7_13_10_WAD.JPG

A family of swans on Stafford Ave in Manahawkin (see the second adult in the grass above the others?)

101_6803_2_.JPG

A couple of trips in the kayak

101_6971.JPG

begging to be explored

101_6996_2_.JPG

the canal that runs from behind Harrisville

101_6998.JPG

Last week the water levels were terribly low and as we are paddling my friend yells "Hey look, there's one of those cement things." I had to look UP on the bank to see this. There was nowhere to climb out....so here it is. Being so obvious, I'm sure that most of you have come across it in the past. I'm pretty sure it is a recent state marker.

101_6986.JPG

A bad stitch job on the June 24th storm from the Wading River....sorry! But you get the idea of the intensity of it!

101_6507.JPG

101_6511.JPG

Clouds from the storm that hit Toms River last Sunday from Green Bank

101_7022.JPG

and an always beautiful way to end the day....

101_7032.JPG

Hope you are enjoying your summer as well,

turtle

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You have given me a challenge and I am going to accept. I believe you were kayaking on the Wading and you were just south of Evans Bridge. You were at the most southern or you could say eastern property corner for the Maxwell Tract. That would be NJ476W which you can see in this post. It is very hard to get out of the kayak there and I struggled to get that photo. If I have the correct location which I believe I do, that monument has been there since the mid 1950's.

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/f14/kayaking-wading-different-agenda-5603/

Thanks for all the photo's.

Guy

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
You are correct Mr Thompson! NJ476W it is! I had my GPS with me but could not get it to "connect" in the thick tree canopy. Waited for quite awhile. Ended up paddling downstream and it connected much later. I based my missed marker data on the following GPS waypoints. I have many more waypoints marked that have great possiblilities....... the whole trip was serendipitous. I will return soon, as it is an easy venture for me.

turtle