Water

B

bach2yoga

Two things--Guy, wondering how the rain level has affected the PB streams compared to this year?
Second, when I went canoeing Sat. with TNC, Tammy West with Americorp and DEP did water testing on Cedar Creek.
They are looking for volunteers to perform the water tests, it involves a using a net and pulling up the muck on the bank and looking for macroinvertebrates (i.e., bugs). You can pick the river or stream you monitor, and they will train you. The test only takes a couple of minutes, and you do it a couple of times a year, so it isn't an intense sort of time commitment, but it is important. I don't believe Cedar Creek is regularly monitored, either.
This is from her email to me:
there are two types of water monitoring we can do... RATS (visual stream assessments) and BATS (Biological Assessments, BUGS). Please let me know which you are interested in doing and if you have a particular river or stream you would like to monitor.

If anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll put you in contact with Tammy.
Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sounds interesting to me. I am up to it. I wonder what streams are available to test?

Guy

B

bach2yoga

Her first email said to let me know what stream I was interested in. I'll send you the info offlist that she sent me and you can contact her directly, and tell her what you are interested in, ok?
Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bach2yoga said:
Her first email said to let me know what stream I was interested in. I'll send you the info offlist that she sent me and you can contact her directly, and tell her what you are interested in, ok?
Renee

Ok. Thanks