Waterford Township Cleanup Day 10-14-17 08:00

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I only found the link... I don't know anything about it. But the web page said there were "tax papers, bank statements, small appliances – an elderly couple’s entire life." If so, identifying whose property it was would be easy, but that doesn't show who dumped it. I'm guessing cases like this are from someone cleaning up after death or serious misfortune. (Which certainly doesn't excuse them.)
Turtle might have some information. I see her and several other familiar faces in the pictures.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
I know that the Park Police investigation provided enough material to move forward with charges, fines, etc. and it is my understanding that it did occur. For some reason I recall it took some time to settle. Every once in awhile we hear back on an outcome and it's satisfying, but that's not why I volunteer. Truthfully my concern is to remove trash and provide a proper location for its disposal. This group has been successful in that respect for many years, no matter where the event takes place. :)

Reactions: RednekF350

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Every once in awhile we hear back on an outcome and it's satisfying, but that's not why I volunteer. Truthfully my concern is to remove trash and provide a proper location for its disposal.

The Forked River Mountain Coalition has picked up this crap for 25 years this coming April. We have picked up 1.2 million pounds; everything from vehicles, to entire roofs and decks.

I am now burnt out from picking up the same type of junk--year, after year, after year. It starts to grate on your conscious, that we are reduced to picking up repeat-offender adult litter such as bottles and cans and household trash. It is no longer satisfying to me because of that, and no younger people are stepping up to take leadership positions in this organization.

Besides Chris, all Board Members are 55 or older, and some are in their 70's.

Okay, I'm done my rant.

If there is anyone out there that wants to pick up and carry the torch in this area, let me know.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I think that shows us what the woods are going to look like when the 55 and older crowd is gone. I hope I am wrong.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Greetings All,
I imagine I'll just tag this here.
I guess with no valid excuse I've become rather selfish in cleaning up the last couple years and kept it to the never ending task of picking up Pestletown Road.

Now I'm gonna avoid the politics cause it just makes it worse.
The situation in Waterford with regard to trash removal changed and without detailing it, in short added a step or two in order to properly discard in the township. PEOPLE ARE LAZY, so add the slightest bit of effort to their process, they choose a different path.
I saw this coming, hoped I was wrong but was proved right when I'd so rather be wrong.
The first, not second, not third, but the first week this was put into place, refuse of all manner appeared on Chew Road from just past Pestletown to 206 has appeared.. Jerks.
I can only hope that the other obvious points in Waterford and local surrounding areas and woods don't succumb to the same situation.
So now, since I'm on Chew every day. I'll be obliged to grab up a thing or two and since it's a pain in the keister to deal with the township, I'll just here and there put it in the work dumpster.
And regarding anyone in the township who may be doing this Especially out around Pestletown....
Here's my politics... Said people are jerks, bums, and slobs.

g

Last edited:
Reactions: mowergod and bobpbx