Waterproof Camcorder

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
My wife and I have decided to get each other a mutual birthday present.My b-day is in a couple weeks and closer then hers so we'll probably get it around then since it's closer then hers:) We want a waterproof camcorder that hopefully can me modified to mount on a kayak or possibly a helmet.I'd like a nice wide angle capability along with a nice zoom.I understand most waterproof models are good down to ten ft and thats good enough for me.I also want one that can take sizeable movies and has some decent editing software where I can cut sections out and dub music or narration over top of the soundtrack.I want to do a lot of river floats with this thing either in a yak or body floats with the camera on a helmet or a homemade raft. I need advice since I know nothing about this at all.I see cameras are much cheaper then i figured so price shouldn't be a problem.I was expecting 600 bucks are more and i see many what seem to be great cameras online for way less then half that.Does anyone out there have any experience with waterproof camcorders and yak mounts and such?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
You can probably pickup a good waterproof housing for your existing camcorder for a lot less than that, or a camera for under $200. Its all about the pressure. Start looking at these links, one of the best places to spend your money.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Category_Underwater Equipment&Ntt=waterproof camcorder housing&ci=11585&N=4294255794&cm_sp=Filters-_-Category-_-Underwater_Equipment

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/searc...9&ci=16479&N=4185679680+4175089552+4293918168

or enter GoPro's daily contest and win everything they make :)

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Thanks everyone.I really like that GOPRO.It has a lot of accessories that I'd like to have like the suction cup mount and maybe a helmet mount.I'll read all the sites.I hear some blackwater criks callin my name!