Webbs Mill Bog Trail - Lacey Township, NJ

Few weeks back in the rain and cold, took the family exploring. I finally managed to make it to Webbs Mill Bog to see the pitcher plants. The boardwalk is short and sweet, but finding the trail was a bit of pain (drove past the trailhead twice).

Rain suit kind of day...

webbsbog01.jpg

Boardwalk is pretty impressive.

webbsbog13.jpg

Like all the trails right now, this one is wet, but the boardwalk kept us above the water.

webbsbog16.jpg

I love pitcher plants. Sadly, it was raining too hard to bring out my camera, so I had to settle with terrible phone pictures.
webbsbog24.jpg

I am always sucker for cedars.

webbsbog21.jpg

It was too cold and wet to spend a ton of time here, but it was a nice 20 minutes. I'd like to come back when they weather is nicer and everything isn't dead for winter and spend an hour or two with my actual camera.

The baby enjoyed himself though.

webbsbog11.jpg

Trail info and pictures:
https://southjerseytrails.org/2018/12/30/webbsmillbog/

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Mike,

You will want to go to the beaver dam in the back the next time you go. The reason I say this is if you want to see plants at the boardwalk you may want to help out keeping the waterway open because of the annoying beavers. If nobody opens it up the water level rises and floods all of the plants. Each time I am in that area I work on the dam as well as many others.

Guy

Reactions: MikeBickerson
Mike,

You will want to go to the beaver dam in the back the next time you go. The reason I say this is if you want to see plants at the boardwalk you may want to help out keeping the waterway open because of the annoying beavers. If nobody opens it up the water level rises and floods all of the plants. Each time I am in that area I work on the dam as well as many others.

Guy

Good to know! Where's the dam in relation to the boardwalk?

I didn't do too much poking around away from the trail because the minivan (ugh... stupid having three kids and needing a minivan) offroads about as well as a... well, a minivan and it was during gun week in the woods.