Webbs Mill flooded again!

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
A long, heavy rain will most likely finish it off.

The road won't fail where the pipe is buried beneath the road. The failure will occur forty feet past the pipe where the water is overflowing and crossing the road now. Today, when I drove through the overflow it was much deeper than the level of the road. Deep enough for me to feel a thump in my truck's suspension. It is a matter of time.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was at the beaver dam today. The pipe was completely clogged and the road was flooded. The pipe was 6 inches under the water. They have even starting putting mud and branches along the side of the road.

So I again started pulling crap out of the pipe and soon I have a 1 foot diameter whirlpool spinning around as the water entered the pipe. Each time I reached down to remove the blockage, water yanked my arm into the pipe and I had to hold onto the tree nearby to keep myself from being sucked in. I was able to clean out the pipe as far down as I could reach and the water was gushing into it. I also unblocked the road and it was roaring. I could see some of the road washing away with it. Jessica took a video of me doing this using my camera and I will post it as soon as I upload it. In the meantime....

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

Guy

Reactions: John

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Teegate, you are a madman! The dam(n) material along the side of the road has been added this week. Nothing was there last Sunday and the only water on the road was a small flow just in front of the red leafed bush in your second picture. How did you bust up the dam with Jessica there?:D

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
She hates me doing this and that is why she never left the area around the car. I told her I had to removed it to keep the road from washing out. I hate to think what that will be like on Monday and Tuesday. For that matter any place out there.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Too bad The Beavers didn't attack you!

You sound like Jessica. I have to admit while I had my arm in the pipe I was watching for them to come up under the water and take a bite out of it.

Guy

Reactions: Gibby

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The center of that road was over my boots. I had to walk the edges.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Checked on the Webbs Mill Beaver Dam today and the water is running fine. I am sure others have been working on keeping it open so maybe this year there will be decent plants at the boardwalk.

IMG_1679a.jpg