Webb's water levels?

CurMUDgeon

Scout
Apr 30, 2010
Where needed.
Has anyone been out the Webb's Mill Bog to check on the water levels? The last report I read had the level still over the boardwalk.
I'm sure the extended dry spell has brought it down, but are the bad beaver blockages still in the outflow culverts?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was there Sunday. With some or all of the beaver gone maybe it can recover. It was lower but just the normal vegetation flowing downstream was starting to build up but not a real problem. Now lets see what the state is going to do. Some of the options are to close the road and let the water flow normally without a pipe, a beaver deceiver or maybe doing the chiclet thing that Bob has mentioned to me or us here. Whatever the state decides to do they need to remove all of the wood around there. That makes it easy for beaver to return and to quickly do damage.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Also, they are going to have to do some serious digging to have the water level be at it's historically low self. Bob had mentioned that years ago there was very little flow at the boardwalk, it really was just a semi wet bog. That will never happen again if the ground between the wood piles is not lowered.