Wescoat and Friendship

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

It is winter and much easier getting through sandy area’s since the ground is semi frozen. So today we made it to the township line near Wescoat Bogs in my car. So if you have a car and are very careful you can enter from Batsto, travel across Constable Bridge, and make it all the way there. And if you do try to don’t blame me if you get stuck :)

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=39.68833&lon=-74.67917&size=l&u=4&datum=nad27&layer=DRG

Anyway, our goal was to find an old stone on that line which we were unsuccessful at doing. It still was nice to roam around in that area without having to rely on a 4x4 to get me there. I did not go to the Bogs or anywhere else since I expect to go again before spring :)

Unfortunately, right at the red target symbol where we parked, hunters have discarded at least 4 deer remains along the road. They tried to hide it with branches surrounding it, but it is quite evident.

WARNING! Do not click on this link if you don’t want to see dead deer parts.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/teegate/01272007/IMG_8701.JPG

From there we headed to the woods right near Friendship where a mystery stone was shown on one of my maps. There was no info on where it was except the location on the map shown with a circle.

mystery.jpg

So I took a piece of paper and placed it on my computer screen and drew lines from a known location and with a calculator I figured where I thought it would be. Sure enough it was there.

IMG_8706.JPG

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Only one puddle and I went right around it. That is all semi frozen sand! In one location there is a deep puddle and they have police tape across the road. But they bulldozed a road around it so I followed it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Bob,

You have to put .JPG on the end of your photo names when you upload to your FTP site. Click on the link you posted and you will see why.

Here are your photo's.

219a.jpg

224a.jpg

Thanks for the info. When I get in that area I will check it out. It looks easy to get to also. And I will check out that stream again :)

Guy