west creek preserved space

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
39.632919,-74.304738

Anyone know the story of this property? Took a hike back here recently. Looks like a hunter's haven and there were many blinds/stands set up throughout the property. Looks like an old farm. Evidence of an "ancient" home near the entrance. Would love to now what this once was.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The campground on the SW edge of there was the home of John Willits in the late 1800 and maybe into the early part of the lat century. But that would not be where your cords are.

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
I may be confused but I was under the impression that John Willits had lived in the house that is now referred to as the Andrew-Bartlett house at the Seaport. That is what is stated in the Leah Blackman book.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I may be confused but I was under the impression that John Willits had lived in the house that is now referred to as the Andrew-Bartlett house at the Seaport. That is what is stated in the Leah Blackman book.

He must have lived at various locations because the info I have says the home formally of John Willits. This would be on the lane that ran into the campground years ago. My info is from 1932.