West Mill Road and the Great Swamp

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

We traveled down West Mills Road today to vist the ore bed that Bob and I found years ago. Jessica had never been there and I want her to see all the places I have been. West Mills Road was fixed by the FFS last winter and early this summer I believe, but there are a few places along it from 206 past the old Paradise Lake property that are of concern. Anyway, we visited the ore bed and wandered around the Great Swamp which is pretty much bone dry.

IMG_1461.JPG

Jessica just can't stand on her feet :) She stepped out of the woods onto the edge of the road and slipped right into the mud.

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1464a.jpg

Not really a great place to visit in the summer. The winter makes it more satisfying.

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Any of the side roads blocked or signed off yet Guy ?
All of the roads that I am interested in for this season are shown on the MAP to be closed. In fact, all of the side roads off of West Mill are slated for closure.
:mad:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
No. I went about half way down it and saw nothing. There is one spot on the road where you need to be careful. I had to take off the bracket that holds my radiator up yesterday and bend it back in shape. I must have caught a stump. But that won't effect most people ...just someone with a car like me.