West Plains Oswego, A PBX Hike

NJBill

Explorer
Sep 10, 2008
Hamilton (Mercer County)
What brand of boots are you wearing that they are comfortable for an all day hike? Where did you get them? I'm an 11 1/2 4E - very wide (too many years treading clams!)

Actually that was a great question and I wondered myself reading about the length of the trips these guys make and having something comfortable. Also an 11 1/2 4 E here as well but mostly from too much beer and the weight flattening my feet out I'm thinking! Very difficult finding boots for a wide foot.

As always, thanks Guy and Bob for taking the time to allow us to wander the Pines with you.

Bill

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
What brand of boots are you wearing that they are comfortable for an all day hike? Where did you get them? I'm an 11 1/2 4E - very wide (too many years treading clams!)

If you ever get by Atco, stop in Atco Sports on Atco Avenue. (856)-767-9446
They always have Lacrosse in Stock.
I am a firm believer in giving the local mom and pops the business whenever possible.
I have bought a lot of guns there over the years and they truly appreciate the business.
I could have saved a few bucks by going to big box or Cabelas but if they have it or they can get it, I will buy it from them.
Rose and Walt are good people and have been in the same building for 50 years.
Cabelas doesn't need your money and you will get whacked for shipping.

I wear the Lacrosse AlphaBurly for everything and I just wore a pair out after about 8 years of hard abuse.
http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/product/hunting+boots/rubber+boots/alphaburly+green+hunting+boots.do

Scott

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Scott,

Some may do well there and I agree they should try there; however, when I went there all the sizes were bigger than my feet.

Guy

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com

Makes me wonder at such ingenuity, using the family sedan to power their sawmill. Note how they reversed the belt to make the blade turn the correct direction. Credit my husband with noticing that!

Re: the photos, I can't decide which I like better--the ones of the cedar maze or the long-awaited crowberry pollination event. Remarkable. Our thanks to both of you.

Glo

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
I am a little late jumping in but I have had a ton of stuff to do since the trip.
I had a great time on the hike, minus going over the boot twice and not having extra socks. Guy you are a life saver I owe you a pair of socks the next time we meet. It was one of the thickest spots I have been in the pines, the only saving grace there was not many briars. Buddy is a real trooper, he was plowing through areas that most men would not venture into, he looked tired at the end I know I was!
The mill was a nice treat at the end. Jack Cervetto owned a mill in Warren Grove that was powered by a mid 30's studebaker 8 cylinder engine, I wounder if this was his mill?
All in all I had a great time, good woods with good company, it was a pleasure to meet Guy, Bob and paul and I am looking forward to more PBX hikes.
I will post some pictures once I transfer them to my computer.
Chris

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
If you ever get by Atco, stop in Atco Sports on Atco Avenue. (856)-767-9446
They always have Lacrosse in Stock.
I am a firm believer in giving the local mom and pops the business whenever possible.
I have bought a lot of guns there over the years and they truly appreciate the business.
I could have saved a few bucks by going to big box or Cabelas but if they have it or they can get it, I will buy it from them.
Rose and Walt are good people and have been in the same building for 50 years.
Cabelas doesn't need your money and you will get whacked for shipping.

I wear the Lacrosse AlphaBurly for everything and I just wore a pair out after about 8 years of hard abuse.
http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/product/hunting+boots/rubber+boots/alphaburly+green+hunting+boots.do

Scott

Scott,
I'm not sure where Atco road is, but I don't live far from Atco. If you could get me close direction wise, I'd like to check them out. I have Lacrosse steel tipped work boots and they are the most comfortable ones I've ever worn.
Thanks,
Greg

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Scott,
I'm not sure where Atco road is, but I don't live far from Atco. If you could get me close direction wise, I'd like to check them out. I have Lacrosse steel tipped work boots and they are the most comfortable ones I've ever worn.
Thanks,
Greg

It's Atco Ave. Here is a map of the store location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...oq2XDg&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

They carry primarily the Lacrosse rubber boot line. If you stop in to browse, ask Rose if she could order what you want.
Don't let Walt scare you away. He is one of a kind.
Scott

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Don't let Walt scare you away. He is one of a kind.
Scott[/QUOTE]

I am a scaredy cat, I'll take my son with me. He's much bigger than me :)
Thanks Scott.